Tuesday, January 26, 2010
It's all part of the curse. No, really, according to scripture the world was supposed to work the way we think it should. You know, work hard doing something valuable, succeed. Become a greedy good for nothing bastard who cares for nothing but money, rot in jail. But we couldn't follow one lousy rule, so now things suck every now and then.

Today was rather more now than then in my life. For the past fifteen years I have been directing youth theatre for a company I was once a member of myself. For more than twenty years it changed hands from one owner to the next always providing opportunity for whoever showed up, and doing a pretty good job of entertaining an audience too. Today that ended. We knew it was pretty bad. We'd been losing money for a while, but my wife and kids love theatre almost as much as I do, so we perservered.

We had decided on a number, if that many paying customers walked through our doors today for the first day of class, great, if not,we were through. We had three. Less than ten percent of our minimum. Three, almost a slap in the face. So, we sent them home with a refund and locked the doors. Now what? This has been my life for the past decade and a half, the only job I ever really wanted. Sometimes all we can do is survive the Fall and wait for God to pick us up. Some days just suck out loud!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Block

Enter Block content here...


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam pharetra, tellus sit amet congue vulputate, nisi erat iaculis nibh, vitae feugiat sapien ante eget mauris.

My first Novel

The Wishmonger is a novel I wrote several years ago. It is primarily written for young adults,but will appeal to all audiences.

It was written, in part, as an alegory regarding the true nature of faith. It would make a great gift for any young person or reader. You can order your copy by following the link below.

Thanks

Search This Blog

Must Read

Pages

Hire Me Direct
Google
 

I wrote a Book, here it is!

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.
free search engine website submission top optimization